Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services and related industries through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Integration Engineer to join our global development & service engineering team based at our HQ in Limerick. This role is also open to candidates based in Ireland who can travel regularly to our Limerick office
We are looking for a smart and driven engineer who is detail-oriented and enjoys building lasting solutions for customers. The primary responsibility is to architect and implement integration services with the AMCS platform and our customers’ applications.
• Our Professional services integration/workflow engineers are vital in providing both standard and tailored systems for customer deployments. You will interface with our customers' technical points of contact and work very closely with our engineering and product management teams. Your insights and interaction with our customers will exert great influence on the functionality the product in their environment. Professional services engineers utilise a diverse technical skill set, we are looking for a well-rounded engineer with business and technical installation and deployment experience.
• The ideal candidate will be able to receive a set of requirements and architect a viable solution and implement it using a standard set of operations and tools. Ideal candidates also have experience with enterprise software installation/configuration, software troubleshooting/debugging, business analysis, and project management.
• Act as a system integration specialist, defining integration standards and ensuring that these standards are applied in a consistent manner across all integration development
• You will work hand-in-hand with our solution architects, implementation consultants and our customers to build processes that are secure, reliable and efficient.
• Mentoring of AMCS staff on system integration methodology, emerging technologies and best practices
• In-conjunction with strategic and tactical leadership from the Enterprise Architect, design, specify and deploy the installation of key cross-institutional cloud based, virtual and physical ICT infrastructure
• Primary degree level qualification (NQV Level 7) in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant area
• At least 5+ years’ level experience in the development of solution for enterprise-class systems
• A sound understanding of the cross-institutional dimensions of enterprise systems & system integration
• In depth knowledge and experience of REST and SOAP APIs and related technologies & design patterns.
• Develop workflows and forms for enterprise systems
• Test and maintain workflows developed to ensure functionality in multiple release environments
• SQL – strong skills in SQL are critical (procedures, investigative skills, going thru databases, managing queries)
• Strong skills developing with Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET Core, C#
• Software development lifecycle:
· Cloud and DevOps experience on an enterprise environment
· Agile development principles
· Exceptional character and business ethics.
· A person who works well independently as well as with the team.
· Drive to exceed goals and objectives.
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
· Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous activities across different business activities.